The County of Los Angeles Department of Public Works will be making roadway improvements to a two-mile section of New York Drive in the unincorporated community of Altadena. The New York Drive Roadway Improvement Project will reconstruct broken concrete curbs, sidewalks and asphalt roadway along New York Drive between Altadena Drive and Lake Avenue. The Project will also construct a new curb on the north side of New York Drive between Hill Avenue and Sinaloa Avenue and new curb, gutter, and sidewalk on the south side of New York Drive between Allen Avenue and Grand Oaks Avenue. Additional improvements include drainage and traffic signal upgrades at five intersections and modifications to the New York Drive/Pepper Drive intersection.
- AA is executing a comprehensive outreach plan to communicate construction progress to residents and commuters using both traditional and innovative tools.
- AA visits the construction site on a weekly basis to document and visually catalog all construction progress.
- AA effectively uses social media to provide updates on street closures, post photos of construction, and respond to public inquiries in real time.
- AA developed an easy-to-use online interactive GIS platform detailing all construction improvements to the sidewalks, curbs, and roadways.
- AA designed the project website, which features general project information, construction alerts, and the online interactive construction map.