The City of Palmdale has undertaken station area planning for the future high-speed rail multi-modal station near downtown Palmdale. The Station Area Plan will analyze the effect of high-speed rail and prepare a circulation and economic development strategy that optimizes future growth within the station area. When complete, the plan will serve as a vision that will guide the future development of the station area.
- AA is gathering input at all levels including the California High-Speed Rail Authority, other state and local agencies, local stakeholders, residents, business leaders, and members of the development community.
- AA coordinated visioning workshops, one-on-one key stakeholder interviews, Technical Working Group meetings, and online and social media engagement.
- AA successfully conducted an online survey that was promoted across the city and generated 1,800+ direct responses from residents.
- AA led engagement activities with local intermediate and high school students, where classes were given existing land to design a site surrounding the station area.
- AA completed two site visit tours, which allowed city staff and elected officials to visit several cities across the country to experience, first-hand, successfully integrated rail systems and stations.