The Orange County Transportation Authority completed the construction of four underpasses and three overcrossings at railroad intersections in the cities of Fullerton, Anaheim, Placentia and Yorba Linda. The momentous effort separated vehicle and pedestrian traffic from intersecting railroad tracks, which immediately helped improve safety, efficiency, and operations at each of the seven intersections.
- Over an eight-year period, AA created a comprehensive public outreach and branding program that included project messaging for each of the grade separations.
- AA actively encouraged conversations with the community through a series of open houses and neighborhood meetings.
- AA worked closely with construction management teams to ensure construction updates were accurate and promptly sent out.
- AA identified and attended numerous key community events to provide information on how construction may impact travel.
- AA conducted door-to-door noticing to adjacent housing complexes with specific construction and detour information.
- AA planned and completed Groundbreaking and Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies for each of the grade separations, and a culminating Project Dedication Ceremony.